Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1930s Leather Jackets (Pics)

Buco

Familiar Face
Havent posted in a while so thought i would share some pictures of very rare jackets i recently acquired.

Beautiful Very early Motorcycle Jacket, 1930s at a guess. Has a Bootlegger feel to it, a design that was used by Langlitz i believe

Pre WW2 German Cyclist Jacket. I personally think these are the holy grail of vintage leathers, just beautifully designed. Ive only ever come across 1 before and the condition was very poor. This one is simply Immaculate. Horsehide Leather with Moleskin Lining

Beautiful 1930s Italian Goatskin Leather

schitzo

Suspended
and all in awesome condition those are 3 exceptional finds Buco, thx for sharing.

Assuming each would fit my personal fave is the first

Metatron

One Too Many
Very nice and unique jackets. There is a more modern version of that Italian jacket that pops up in the online surplus stores/ebay from time to time.
Btw what is the second zip on the first jacket for? A pocket?

Last edited:

Plumbline

One Too Many
So unusual to see older motorcycle jackets with additional padding in the elbows and shoulders ....... REALLY, REALLY unusual .... and two long zips in 1930 would also have been really unusual :)

Zip cuffs and zip pockets also ..... these would indicate that ... if the dating is correct ... .these are very special jackets ( especially the first one).

Great stuff.

Buco

Familiar Face
Yes the extra front zip on the first jacket is a pocket, just a great design and well ahead of its time. The lining i believe is moleskin, here are a few more pics...

They werent cheap but still probably a bargain. Im very lucky to have a good source for vintage leathers and pick up quite a lot of rare jackets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn