Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1930s Mens how-to-dress book recently sold on ebay

JimInSoCalif

One of the Regulars
Wow - she does an amazing job of merchandising. If I just saw a picture of the cover and read a description, I probably would not be interested. Now that I have seen her presentation, I would like to read the book. :)

Hammelby

One of the Regulars
PDF?

Would anyone care to conjure a pdf one day? It would be a incredible asset to us poor FL'ers living far away from UK/ US.

The only copy I can get is from a German fashion school, and I bet you something nice that they would never dream of sending it to Denmark.

Let us know if it turns up digitally!

carter

I'll Lock Up
YETI said:
It had some interesting info from the proper hat to wear with a particular suit/occasion, to the right cut of trousers in proportion to body shape etc...The winning bid was over $500!
I tried to attach a link but was unsuccessful.

That link won't work because it is the item ID number. The link needed is the url from the address bar at the top of your screen.

There's one at abebooks.com. 1941 ed. $650.00
http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Sea...rothy&sts=t&tn=Men+Too+Wear+Clothes&x=50&y=11

Hammelby

One of the Regulars
comon... pdf dude!

BUMP

Just checking if anyone know someone that has a copy, and would care to either:

a) persuade
b) mainpulate
c) torture

.. this person to scan the book as a pdf, and spread the sacred words of wisdom to other worshippers of swank! At least in California i know that someone has the book...

I.. NEED.. THIS... BOOK :eek:

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hammelby said:
BUMP

Just checking if anyone know someone that has a copy, and would care to either:

a) persuade
b) mainpulate
c) torture

.. this person to scan the book as a pdf, and spread the sacred words of wisdom to other worshippers of swank! At least in California i know that someone has the book...

I.. NEED.. THIS... BOOK :eek:

Apparently, I have nothing better to do with my life. :rolleyes:

Anyway, there are supposedly 6-8 copies near me in University Libraries, so I wrote my local city library asking if they can do an inter-library transfer for me, which will cost me a few dollars. Let's see what they say.

Vintage Betty

Vintage Betty

Librarian called and he is requesting the original copy from 5 local sources.

You, sir, are costing me a whopping $2.00 in library fees. :)

Should take 2 weeks to get the book.

Vintage Betty

The elusive BOOK HAS ARRIVED AT MY LIBRARY! :eusa_clap Kudos for Librarians everywhere. I will pick this up and pay the steep fees of $2.00 for the inter-library transfer next week.

Let me check with a Bartender regarding posting a download link, so I am in compliance with the Fedora Lounge rules, et al.

Vintage Betty

Vintage Betty

I NOW HAVE THE BOOK IN MY POSSESSION!

If you are interested in reading a pristine copy of the book, this isn't for you, stop reading. This book has been liberally abused and is in fair condition with duct tape and pencil marks.

According to Fedora Lounge rules and a Bartender I checked with, I am not able to post a download link here.

Therefore, if you are interested in receiving a private download link, please add your request below and I will send you instructions when I am done scanning it in. DO NOT PM ME, YOUR REQUEST WILL BE IGNORED.

I will send you instructions and leave the link up for three days and than remove it. Therefore, don't delay once you receive the link.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ