Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1931 booklet: "Correct Apparel for Gentlemen"

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Printed for 'Society Brand Clothes', this one from 'Wilson's Clothes Shop', Brookville, Pa.

Very high quality illustrations and color suit photos. Also several flaps with style advice underneath. In perfect condition, like it's never seen the light of day.

Enjoy.

001-46.jpg

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Great scans.
I especially like the color chart. I think it answers questions that people have asked before.
Thanks loads.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

WH1

Practically Family
Hmmm looks like a good candidate for a sticky!

Agree with Mark want that suit funny thing is I already have the striped trousers from HSM.
thanks for posting this Thunderw21!
Todd

Midnight Blue

One of the Regulars
Beautiful photos! I wish there was a place that still sold clocked socks like the ones you see here and in old Esky issues.

Interesting that they recommend green hats for gray suits . . .

WH1

Practically Family
scotrace said:
And how. The striped trousers to go with, also.

Scott,
2 summers ago I was able to purchase almost identical striped trousers, same color and style from Hart Schaffner & Marx. Very nice perfect for summer and look great with a linen sport coat or NB blazer. Only issue is they are somewhat see through so have to be careful what you wear under them.
I dont see them listed on their site currently but they may still have some, purchased mine at Dillards in Nashville, TN.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112