Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1934 Gibson Soprano Ukulele-Uke "RARE"

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Not a leather jacket. Just put it on ebay and thought I would do a heads up here. I hope this is not a violaton!

Yes, I used the Rare word for this all mahogany bodied X braced Gibson Ukulele. Yes again, X braced Top. Beautiful Sunburst finish on Top-Back-Sides-Neck like the Original Jumbo Gibson built in 1934, sunburst all around.

Gibson experimented with the Uke bracing as they did with the guitars of this era. This is easier to see in the Tenor Ukes which have a variety of bracing patterns as well. Showing a similar evolution to the guitars of the early 30s.

Please pardon the uncut strings. I just put those on and left them uncut in case a new owner wants to reuse them if they are not satisfied on this Uke. There is nothing to report as to condition issues. The tuner machines hold tune, the bridge holes do hold the strings, the action is fine, no fret wear, no cracks or repairs.

Buy it Now $580 shipped in CONUS.

DSC05095.JPG
DSC05099.JPG
DSC05101.JPG
DSC05102.JPG
DSC05104.JPG
DSC05105.JPG
DSC05111.JPG
DSC05113.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members