Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1936 DB belt back suit for $75!?!

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
I was watching this one and didn't place a bid and neither did anyone else except the lucky fellow who won it for only $75. So,was anyone here that fortunate fellow?

Congratulations...you caught us napping. The auction ended Dec.14th. A nice Christmas gift.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
I have an ebay listing moratorium on myself right now. I think due to the economy, no one is paying much for anything. But this one should have brought more even in this economy. I think a combination of the economy and the holiday season are to blame.

Ws it listed in vintage 30s?

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Here's what the seller listed for measurements:
SIZE as follows:
JACKET
Across Shoulders - 16.5 inches
Across Underarm Seams - 18.5
Across top buttons - 17
Across Low buttons - 18
Across jacket Bottom - 21
Sleeves - 24.5 outseam with 18.5 inseam

TROUSERS
Outseam - 42.5
Inseam - 30.5
WIDE Cuff - 11 inches across flat and 1 3/4 inches tall with about 1/2 inch fabric turned under edge.
Waist - 32.5 - has been let out to the maximum with notched back for extra room.
It was listed in the men's vintage clothing section. 1930-1946.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Well, there is part of the explanation. Size 33 34 maybe. It would fit the Baron, I think. Not a lot of people can fit that.

If i recall correctly it had a serious condition issue. A big hole maybe? I saw it and rejected it outright for some reason.

With shipping generally coming in at $40-$50 to the UK, i've seriously cut back on suits from the US. It needs to be really, really special, or something that's notably missing from my wardrobe.

bk

H.Johnson

One Too Many
Is that the same one? I was watching the one to which you refer, I think, and it was listed as having a number of holes.

Edward

Bartender
Baron Kurtz said:
With shipping generally coming in at $40-$50 to the UK, i've seriously cut back on suits from the US. It needs to be really, really special, or something that's notably missing from my wardrobe.

Yes, the cost of shipping from the US to UK has become often prohibitive with the weak pound / strong dollar. I've looked at quite a few things myself that were very cheap on item price but made prohibitive by the now high cost of shipping.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Baron Kurtz said:
If i recall correctly it had a serious condition issue. A big hole maybe? I saw it and rejected it outright for some reason.

bk
You're right about the condition; some holes that need repairing. Not too bad though. It would make a nice suit for knocking about in without worrying too much. Case closed I think.
Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy