Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1940s 3X Western Hat

TPD166

One Too Many
I am clearing out the hats I don’t wear or are too small. This is a vintage (I am told likely from the 1940s) unnamed 3X western felt in size 7-3/8. It is brown with an approx. 5” tall crown as creased and an approximate 2-7/8” brim. It comes in the original box as shown. When I received this hat a few years ago, I believe it was new/old stock that had never been worn – just stored for a long time. I reshaped the brim (misshaped from storage) and added the horsehair band (the original string band is still in the box). The box only says “Fort Worth,” but it was shaped as a cattleman and not a Ft. Worth crease. The sweatband only indicates it is a 3X and that it was sold by Gammage’s Western Wear in Moultrie, Georgia. It is in very good condition, as shown in the photos. There is a small section of sweatband that is turned – I can’t tell if the stitching is loose or not (but it doesn’t look like it is). Asking $95.00 OBO shipped in the U.S. As for trades, all I am currently looking for is a straw Open Road in a 7-1/2. If you have questions or are interested in the hat, please contact me via email thru TFL.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points