Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1940s-50s Chippewa Gaucho Shirt 48" measured chest

I have acquired a "Chippewa" Gaucho-style shirt. It is a pull-over tunic style shirt in fall-weight wool with a knit elasticated waistband. It has a single flapped patch pocket on the left chest. 1 button closure and a loop-top neck with button to fasten. The cuffs are button-type. All the buttons are original to the shirt.

I have no idea how these are supposed to fit. (Does anyone have any pics of guys wearing them back in the day? This would help people gauge if this shirt will fit them.) This one measures approx 24" flat across the chest so circumference is 48". I'll post complete measurements and some pictures later today or tomorrow.

It will need a new waistband or some significant fixing of the current waistband. It's pretty shredded.

Chest: 24" flat
Shoulders: 19" across
Back Length: 22.5" to top of waistband
Arm Length from Shoulder Seam: 24.5 to end of cuff.
Waistband: ~2.75" deep where it's intact; measures about 15" across, unstretched.

PM with interest, please.

bk

Finally some pictures. I'll be sending it to eBay on Sunday. As you can see, it's got a single button closure at the neck placket, and a loop top, with button under the collar to fasten if needed. A single flapped patch pocket on the left chest. Note shredded waistband.

I'll need to get £150 for it, even with a shredded waistband (it's an easy fix really).

ChippewaGaucho1.jpg

ChippewaGaucho2.jpg

ChippewaGaucho3.jpg

ChippewaGaucho4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred