Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1940s d/b houndstooth suit for sale

havershaw

Practically Family
Here are some photos.
You'll pardon my idiotic face. I wanted to do it in bright sunlight, so the colors would be quite accurate, which of course meant that I had to look directly into the sun and look mildly retarded.

By the way, houndstooth is incredibly hard to photograph. It almost looks shiny or sharkskin-y, but it's not at all. The bigger you can view the photos, the less sharkskin-y the suit looks.

The suit is a mid-weight wool. There are a few moth bites, but because of the houndstooth pattern, you can't see any of these flaws. It certainly never stopped me form wearing the suit.

The correct color and look of the suit:
f10b03b6.jpg

f10b03b0.jpg

Like I said...I'm looking right into the sun.

The fit of the armholes:
f10b03ae.jpg

f10b03ac.jpg

Measurements are as follows:

jacket:
sleeves are 24" from shoulder to hem.
from top of collar, down the back to the hem: 31".
shoulder to shoulder is 18".
Chest is about 38".
The jacket is double breasted but was made so that only the bottom button closes (see above).
It's partically lined (no lining in the middle), and the sleeves are also lined. No vent, of course.

pants:
waist is 28". There is room to take it about an inch and a half, maybe a little more.
outseam: a bit over 39".
inseam: 28".
The pants are drop loop, have suspender buttons, have a double outward pleat, and the zipper works great.

I'm looking to get about $75 for this suit...PM me if you're interested, or want to make an offer. I'm certainly open to trading hats or other clothes as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff