Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1940s Double Breasted Suit - Small, but perfectly formed.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

It's from the Hamburg based ebay vendor Pipoletto. Lovely suit, but a small size.

Papperskatt

Practically Family
Fantastic suit, and the size is pretty much perfect for me! I'm definitely gonna keep an eye on this one, even though I already own a early '40s navy DB suit.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Sold for £255. I imagine it would have gone higher if it was a louder wool.

I hope its going to a good home, it's a lovely suit.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
I got the suit. Terrific silhouette, this one - sharp jacket cut and nearly bag-wide straight trousers, 11 1/4" wide at the hem.

I really should share photos of this one (and my other vintage suits) sometime. So far, my perfectionism has kept me from posting photos - indoors doesn't seem to work at all and outdoors isn't easy around my flat. I'm getting there eventually.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Yes, please post photos of this suit (and the rest of them). I'd be interested to know the origin of the suit (i.e. any pics of labels etc)

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Will do. I'll have the suit in hands in a fortnight.
There is also a bunch of overcoats that I need to post eventually, mostly from the 1930s and 40s, some from the 50s.

Papperskatt

Practically Family
Congratulations to Papperskatt.
Darn it, I totally forgot about this one. I think that I was at the cinema or something when the auction ended. :eusa_doh:

Please post some pictures when you get the suit, Rabbit. Congratulations, you got yourself a really nice suit for a great price there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran