Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1940's Sports Shirt w/ Looooong Collar $20

Wash In Lux

One of the Regulars
1940's "Mal-Art" sports shirt. SUPER LONG collar with decorative top stitch. Flap pockets with top stitch as well. There is some very feint spotting on the front, a few inches from bottom and a couple tiny spots on the back a few inches from bottom (see pic). Overall great condition and hard to find hepster styled shirt. I'd be keeping this for my own if the sleeves weren't slightly too long.

$20 plus shipping. I'll ship via USPS Priority based on your zip or country. PM for a quote.

Marked a small but here are the MEASUREMENTS:

Chest: (laid flat and measured from pit to pit) is 42 inches

Back length: (from top of collar at fold, straight down back to hem) 29 3/4 inches

Sleeve length: (from top of shoulder seam to cuff bottom) 23 1/4 inches

mal-art1.jpg

mal-art3.jpg

mal-art4.jpg

mal-art5.jpg

mal-art6.jpg

Wash In Lux

One of the Regulars
I hope you're not suggesting I'm trying to "pass this off" as 40's? As someone who grew up in the 70's, I don't think it looks 70's in the least. Not to mention I've been wearing and selling vintage since the 80's. The cut and the construction is straight 40's. A lot of 70's clothes took facets from 30's and 40's and then properly jacked them up for a jacked up decade!

Kindly refrain from the ill-mannered comments please.

volatile

A-List Customer
Wash In Lux said:
I hope you're not suggesting I'm trying to "pass this off" as 40's? As someone who grew up in the 70's, I don't think it looks 70's in the least. Not to mention I've been wearing and selling vintage since the 80's. The cut and the construction is straight 40's. A lot of 70's clothes took facets from 30's and 40's and then properly jacked them up for a jacked up decade!

Kindly refrain from the ill-mannered comments please.

Oh no! Sorry! It wasn't meant as ill-mannered at all... and I'm certainly not accusing you of passing this off as the wrong era! I meant - this is a textbook example of the 40s style that was re-appropriated in the 70s...

It's a great shirt.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
I would love that shirt. $20 plus shipping and paypal cut. Let me know how much. Ship to Seattle WA. I would guess about five bucks shipping plus two bucks paypal cut

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner