Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1940s Trojan H/H Motorcycle Jacket?

nowa76

New in Town
Hello,
I found this at a vintage store in Chicago. The gentleman who sold it to me said it was genuine 1940s. I saw it and assumed so. When I got home I noticed how similar it looks to a "Trojan" jacket! Could someone be kind enough to tell me what this is or where I can physically take this around Chicago so they can confirm if it is vintage or a reproduction. Now here's the thing. I emailed "Lost Worlds" and a representative emailed me back. They said they think it is their 1991 reproduction of the 1940s Trojan H/H M/C Jacket! Should I take that to heart or make sure it's one or the other before selling this. It doesn't fit as well as I would have liked (appears to be a size 50!). Check out the pictures and any information you could give me would be great. Thanks.

DSC07038.jpg
DSC07051.jpg

DSC07039.jpg
DSC07048.jpg

DSC07042.jpg
DSC07059.jpg

DSC07056.jpg
DSC07065.jpg

cherrypicker

New in Town
Looks fairly new to me.I would have thought the leather would have dulled over time,as would the pop fasteners.There seems to be no trace of oxidization to the metal fittings.The only way this would be possible is if the storage was climate controlled 24/7 for the last 60+ years.Unlikely...

nowa76

New in Town
Thanks for the info guys, the condition is really great, yes you are right that's why I got it! I believe it's a size 50, not 50 inches but should fit a Mens size 50. I agree that if it was 60 years old the condition wouldn't be as good, but you never know. I will be putting it up for sale I guess, as a Lost World repro, if interested let me know thanks again!

himelator

Vendor
Your Jacket

I saw when this one was listed on ebay. I emailed the guy and told him it was not an original Trojan Jacket but a lost worlds copy. The jacket leather is incorrect, the liner is from the 80s and the stitching is polyester. As well the talon zipper is the modern replica vintage zipper and the cut is generous and unfitted. I own several trojans and you will almost never find a jacket made before 1950 made in a size 50. People were not that big in the day! You would have been a collossus at that size, and unfortunately I am a size 48 so I know, especially given that I have bought and sold thousands apon thousands of vintage leather jackets. It is nice looking and you should enjoy your jacket, you can always buy one of rintaros books and compare the detailing of your jackets and you can see how they fare as replicas

best
DH
"the art of vintage leather jackets"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925