Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1949 Chevy pickup truck. Make women smile and men envious. $11,000

SamReu

One of the Regulars
The man who’d marry your grandmama had one of these. When he drove it to see her for the first time, your grandmama’s father looked at the machine and scowled. “Farm boy,” he muttered. “Won’t amount to nuthin’.” Well, he was wrong. Granddaddy did all right in life; he turned out to be as tough as that old pickup -- as good-looking, too. To her dying day, grandmama kept a close eye on the women who swarmed about him. Own the truck that granddaddy drove, the 1949 Chevrolet 3100 Thriftmaster. GM green with black running boards. Pine in the bed. A 216 inline 6 under the hood. The optional cab visor. A newer 3-speed transmission, 12-volt conversion and electronic ignition. This is the deluxe cab, with corner windows that make it easier to watch for angry fathers. It only needs inner door panels and a reckless farm boy to be complete. No tire-kickers or folks wanting to trade, deal or make a deposit in my bank account. This also is for sale locally and in a national auto publication. I include it here because, well, it has such class. Granddaddy's truck. $11,000. riders side long shot.jpg IMG_0401 (2).JPG IMG_0396.JPG IMG_0397 (2).JPG 49 engine.jpg 49 front.jpg IMG_0402 (2).JPG 49 bed.jpg

phebus

One of the Regulars
Could that be a 235 instead of a 216? I thought all of the 216's had two center mounted studs holding the valve cover on?

SamReu

One of the Regulars
Could that be a 235 instead of a 216?
This is the 216. I did not about the valve cover difference. I must investigate this. If it is a 235, I ought to ask more for it. The 235 is a superior engine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21