Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1950's Beauty Pageant Judging Guidelines

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
it is very interesting! I like that it doesn't mention any height/weight requirements, even though I'm sure there were. I don't find it offensive at all!

December

One of the Regulars
I'd be out on 3.

I like how shoulders shouldn't be too square or too sloping. How did they judge the perfect medium?

I'm not offended either, and I don't see why anyone would be. It's fascinating!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Note how space between the thighs was considered a flaw. Today, you pretty much can't be a model without it.

TheDutchess

One of the Regulars
well dern I would be out for falling under number 3 too. Aint nothing wrong with alittle hip bone if you ask me. I assumed at first glance that number one was the ideal shape.

RetroPat

Familiar Face
billyspew said:
Glad people are more fascinated than offended.

My preference of them was 3 by the way.

Agreed. Based only on looks (which is far from everything) I find number 3 the most attractive shape.

Cherry_Bombb

A-List Customer
Drat. Out at 6. And definitely at 7.

My body type does best in the 20's-40's.
It's a really neat little article. Makes a lot of sense for the time, though!

pretty faythe

One Too Many
My shoulders are a bit squared, I think. My oldest daughter would be knocked out at the pronounced chest bone., and the other would deff be knocked out at the squared shoulders. That girl will not need shoulder pads.

Furthor reading of the article makes me want some nice beef and ham, now I can judge them too lol

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Just recently hitting size 4, I worked REALLY HARD to get pronounced collarbones and "irregular legs." lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ