Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1950s gabardine blue hollywood waist, patch pockets SB suit

Red Leader

One of the Regulars
SIZE 42

I've decided to put this suit up for sale. It was initially listed here in the Great Suit Trading Thread. I'm still up for trades, but I need to also move some suits that don't fit me so they are not continuing to take more of the wife's space.

P4038810-vi.jpg

The pictures are coming off a lot darker than the suit actually is (terrible lighting). It is a nice gabardine blue.

This suit is quite a fantastic find. It is made by Clothcraft and has a 1949 Union label. What is crazy is there is a NEARLY IDENTICAL (same maker, fabric, color, etc) suit is listed on ebay right now for $199 : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Vintag...pt=Vintage_Men_s_Clothing&hash=item5d3d3d59a9 Actually, if you wanted to see this suit in slightly better light, just check out the ebay item - it is basically the same suit.

The fabric on this suit is a straight blue gabardine with no pattern. The jacket features 3 patch pockets and medium/thick shoulder padding. The pants have a hollywood waist, metal zipper, nice cuffs and suspender buttons. It has a code on the inside arm lining that could mean a date of 3/9/1955, or just a random number. The date would surely fit.

Condition: This suit is just barely starting to show the faintest of ironing wear. While it doesn't really have anything obvious, one would be wise to take care in ironing this suit, as the plain fabric will hide nothing. The suit jacket has one teeny tiny moth hole on the right lapel, which could probably be easily fixed, if one wanted to even bother with fixing it. The pants have a seam near the top clasp that is coming undone (about 1/2" worth). Other than that, I see no stains, rips, tears, moth holes, or funny business. No armpit staining. The lining is quite nice. I really like this one.

Sizing:

Jacket-

Chest - 44"
Shoulders - 19"
Waist - 42.5"
Sleeves - 26" + 1.5" extra
OAL - 34"

Pants-

OAL - 42" + .5" extra
Inseam - 30 3/4"
Cuff - 19"
Waist - 33" + 2" extra

Please see more pictures:

P4038811-vi.jpg

P4038812-vi.jpg

Single, tiny moth hole, very workable:

P4038813-vi.jpg

P4038814-vi.jpg

P4038815-vi.jpg

P4038816-vi.jpg

P4038817-vi.jpg

P4038818-vi.jpg

P4038819-vi.jpg

I am selling this suit for $60 + $15 shipping in CONUS. If you are outside the CONUS, let's talk - just shoot me a PM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner