Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1950s Rare and Beautiful Durable Cafe Racer-Horsehide size Small

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
The pictures really tell the story since I have little information about the Durable Brand or this jacket. Durable is a Canadian Brand most well known for possible being the jacket worn by Marlon Brando in The Wild Ones movie.

DSC05724.jpg

I can date this jacket as pre 1954. John Lang and Sons quite producing leather around 1954 due to competition with other materials.

DSC05725.jpg

The Beautiful Blue color must be most unusual for 1954. I'm not aware of many colored jackets in this time.

DSC05693.jpg

DSC05705.jpg

DSC05744.jpg

DSC05746.jpg

DSC05759.jpg

Attachments

• DSC05754.jpg
    DSC05754.jpg
    745.3 KB · Views: 43

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Very cool jacket. Oddly the length and the sleeve length are within normal sizing range. But the chest and shoulders are really narrow. The wearer would need to be a stick!!!!!! But its a really cool blue CR with a killer pleated back and awesome cuffs.

Someone will get something special here from Terry.

GLWS!

kazuma

New in Town
I think I remember seeing this jacket on ebay a couple years back or something similar to this. Would have picked it up if it were bigger. Excellent jacket for anyone that it would fit.

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
SOAB, I know if it fit me you would not be selling. ;)One desirable jacket and is super cool. I have not yet gone to buying jackets too small to wear. Maybe when I retire from sailing I enter whole hog

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
The leather looks exceptional here and I find the cafe collar design here really beautiful. Too small in the chest even for me, too bad I missed out on that D pocket you sold a couple of months ago. Good luck with sale good sir

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
In response to a question I re-measured the hem and get 17 across instead of 16. This Video show the measurement. Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko