Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1950's Style plain T-Shirts? But where ????

Lost Ronin

One of the Regulars
I've been looking for a while now. Levi's does theirs. That's about it. T shirts from the 50's were definitely cut much different than today's shirts. The sleeves were much shorter and the seems and drop of the shoulder was different too.

Levi's Vintage clothing Tshirt has the right look. The sizing is a problem as they seem to run small. They are also quite expensive.

Does anyone else make a proper 50's T shirt?

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
I'd be happy if I could get some where the neck band doesn't stretch out of shape after the first washing. Old ones weren't like that.

Milesdeathescape

One of the Regulars
I've been looking for a while now. Levi's does theirs. That's about it. T shirts from the 50's were definitely cut much different than today's shirts. The sleeves were much shorter and the seems and drop of the shoulder was different too.

Levi's Vintage clothing Tshirt has the right look. The sizing is a problem as they seem to run small. They are also quite expensive.

Does anyone else make a proper 50's T shirt?
Eastman Leather has some nice slub

Edward

Bartender
I tend to find basic white t-shirt shaped vests (undershirts) sold as such are the closest thing to a 50s t at a sensible price. U buy mine in Sansnbury's Supermarket at around GBP7.00 for two. I noly wear them as underwear, though I think they should be fine for 'visible' wear too.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I tend to find basic white t-shirt shaped vests (undershirts) sold as such are the closest thing to a 50s t at a sensible price. U buy mine in Sansnbury's Supermarket at around GBP7.00 for two. I noly wear them as underwear, though I think they should be fine for 'visible' wear too.
Well there's a good tip to remember. Like you, I only wear mine as underwear, for that reason I like 'V' neck T-shirts. When the outer shirt is unbuttoned you can't see my T-shirt. Doesn't always work mind. When the missus is too busy to make them I buy them from Matalan because as the O/P pointed out, modern T-shirt sleeves extend beyond the cuff os short sleeve outer shirts, I don't find that happens with Matalan.

Edward

Bartender
I've always quite liked the top peeking out from under an open collar, though it does work better when they're newer and not greyed out, as can happen over time. For the v neck approach, I use the 'a' shape ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112