Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1954 Cadillac 62 Series in SF Bay Area

gamez32

One of the Regulars
I'm selling my 1954 Cadillac and thought I would post it here to see if any local loungers would be interested. I'm located in the SF Bay area (Berkeley). I haven't had the time to spend as much as I would like on it. It's a 4-door sedan with the factory air conditioning option and power steering. The chrome and body are in good condition with only a few small rust spots on the body. I just had a tune up done on it. I'll try and answer any questions as best as I can. Thanks for looking.

2553804150104775233S500x500Q85.jpg

2029688180104775233S500x500Q85.jpg

2311172690104775233S500x500Q85.jpg

Mr Vim

One Too Many
If you heard a scream and the sound of breaking glass, that was just me realizing I'm too far away and not ready to buy a vintage auto right now... don't worry about me, I'm fine.

Rathdown

Practically Family
In 1954 Rolls-Royce touted the Silver Dawn as the best car in the world... but was it? Cadillac offered automatic, power steering, air-conditioning, and four-wheel hydraulic brakes. The same could also be had on lower priced Buicks and Oldsmobiles, as well as on the very patrician Packard automobiles. Rolls-Royce, on the other hand, didn't offer air-conditioning, didn't have power steering, only had hydraulic brakes on the front wheels (the backs were mechanically operated), and used a General Motors automatic transmission built under license in the UK. Both used mass-produced bodies; Cadillac's bodies were by Fisher, while Rolls-Royce's bodies were by Pressed Steel Fisher, the UK subsidiary of the US company.

So, if you are looking for a world-class fifties luxury car-- look no further than Cadillac.

Last edited:

gamez32

One of the Regulars
In 1954 Rolls-Royce touted the Silver Dawn as the best car in the world... but was it? Cadillac offered automatic, power steering, air-conditioning, and four-wheel hydraulic brakes. The same could also be had on lower priced Buicks and Oldsmobiles, as well as on the very patrician Packard automobiles. Rolls-Royce, on the other hand, didn't offer air-conditioning, didn't have power steering, only had hydraulic brakes on the front wheels (the backs were mechanically operated), and used a General Motors automatic transmission built under license in the UK. Both used mass-produced bodies; Cadillac's bodies were by Fisher, while Rolls-Royce's bodies were by Pressed Steel Fisher, the UK subsidiary of the US company.

So, if you are looking for a world-class fifties luxury car-- look no further than Cadillac.

Well said!

gamez32

One of the Regulars
I just took her out for a drive today. I really wish I had the time to dedicate to her. If anyone is interested or know people in the Bay who would be interested, I'm letting her go for $7000. I'd also hear reasonable offers.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Is this one of the Caddy models that has the gas filler cap built into a taillight? We had one of those when I was a kid: press the circular reflector to release the latch, and the taillight hinges skyward to reveal the gas cap. Wow!

gamez32

One of the Regulars
Is this one of the Caddy models that has the gas filler cap built into a taillight? We had one of those when I was a kid: press the circular reflector to release the latch, and the taillight hinges skyward to reveal the gas cap. Wow!
It sure is. I absolutely love that detail on this car.

Splitcoil

One of the Regulars
Goodness. If I had garage space, my checkbook and I would be flying down to take a look. Good luck, sir. Looks beautiful from here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points