Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1956 Ericofon (Cobra Phone) Pale GREEN!

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Recently I picked this original Ericofon up and felt I’d offer it here for the mid-century minded folks.

Originally started production in 1956 and went on from there. This is the real deal! 100% original, original cord in mint condition, with the original BELL SYSTEM plug! Now, it has been discussed in vintage phone threads that there are adapter plugs one can order from Phoneco that go right on the ends of these old plugs to use in a modular jack. I’m sure they cost no more than a few bucks.

The colors in the photos aren’t true to the phone, it’s hard to capture it’s true color. It’s a light pale green, some what similar to the jade green color Anchor Hocking made their Fire King oven wear.

There are some scratches, but not many, they are pictured in this listing. I haven’t had a chance to test this phone seeing I do not have an adapter for the original plug. I judging by the condition, I would have to say that this phone dose work but, can’t make any promises. Upon request, I could find a way to test it for serious buyers only.

cobraphone.jpg

cobraphone2.jpg

cobraphone3.jpg

cobraphone4.jpg

cobraphone5.jpg

cobraphone6.jpg

cobraphone7.jpg

This is an icon of the 50s and 60s, “modern/space race” age. It’s also showcased in the museum of modern art.

I have seen original examples of this telephone go for $250.00 and up (touch tone dial much later model) however in this condition, I’m asking $95.00 for this rare original. The rotary dial dose operate smoothly and the red plunger is in perfect shape and works correctly also. It is missing the dial card but, most I have seen are as well. Phoneco may have one to be purchaced for a small fee.

Take a good look at the photos, and please contact me with any questions or an offer, I do take offers, maybe we can strike a deal.

Thank you for your consideration!

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
I'm sorry, someone saw it on Facebook before this post: I also got an email regarding it from the same guy.

Sorry to say, the phone is pending a sale, if the current customer passes on it, I'll be sure to post here any further info.

Thanks!

Edward

Bartender
I have one of these somewhere in bright red; Dad brought it back from Scandanavia in the early seventies. We used it for years... The big thing you have to watch is never press that red button with the hand set to your ear - damn, but the click is loud.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana