Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1957 Bulova men's automatic dress watch

pgoat

One Too Many
Yes, It's my dad's watch...yes, I know I shouldn't sell my dad's watch. But times are tough and Money is tight, so it's going. I love this watch but I never really wear gold and we have no kids to pass it on to, so I'd rather someone else enjoy it, than it sit in a drawer or on a winder forever.

This would be a great finishing touch for your vintage look. 32mm diameter, simple off-white (cream colored) dial with gold applied and painted markers. Nice patina. Selfwinding, in-house (Bulova design) Swiss made movement. Assembled in New York and purchased new by my father shortly after he arrived in NYC from Europe in 1957.

The watch originally had a Speidel expanding band, 10k Gold filled, which I am including. I prefer it on a leather strap, and it is currently on a brown alligator pattern calfskin strap. I am also including three brand new unused straps - two black, one brown.

The watch has always worked fine - I had it serviced (basic Clean/lube/adjust) about 10 years ago and it has always kept flawless time for me. It has been worn infrequently but spends some time on a winder each month to keep the movement going.

Asking $100.00 or will consider trades for Stainless steel watches, particularly a Seiko diver, which I always wanted as a kid - something my dad never understood LOL!

Photos are viewable here

Please pm with any questions. Thanks!

pgoat

One Too Many
sorry folks, I thought it would be easy to view them there.

here are the pics:

19571.jpg

1957b1.jpg

IMG_4626.jpg

IMG_4640.jpg

IMG_4631.jpg

IMG_4646.jpg

IMG_4659.jpg

IMG_4645.jpg

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
You deserve a free bump. I would have gone for this if I didn't already have my pocket watch in the shop for repairs. Someone please snap this up!

That looks a lot like my grandfather's self-winding Swiss Bulova, 1 of my most treasured possessions of his. I can't wear his hat, too small. My brother can & has 1 or 2. I've got a self winding Bucherer of my father's. I'll never part with either until I give them to my son. You should consider doing the same. JMHO

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
No one has claimed this yet, so maybe it's a sign that you should keep it. [huh] Seriously, the sentimental value would appear to outweigh the $100 dollars you are asking (it would to me).

pgoat

One Too Many
actually someone did claim it - watch was just sold.

I know this is always hard...as I told the buyer, it was a tough decision, but seems like the right move for me at this point...hard to explain unless you knew my dad. He was an extremely practical and unsentimental man. As nice as it would have been to keep it forever, we don't have kids and there is no one to pass it on to.

I think my dad would be happy to see the watch move on and be appreciated and used. It's a bittersweet father's day, to be sure, but life is like that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112