Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1960s Bates Cafe Racer/Racing Shirt

Gypsymoth82

A-List Customer
I've realized that this jacket is just too small for me, so it's up for grabs.

1960's Bates Cafe Racer. Rare original survivor.
IMG_1748.jpg
IMG_1747.jpg
IMG_1749.jpg
IMG_1770.jpg
IMG_1771.jpg

Amazing vintage jacket. No smells, lots of life left. Needs a little work to be perfect, but the price reflects. Issues as follows:

1. No liner. This jacket originally had the light grey nylon liner, I know because there were a few remaining threads. It had a black satin replacement, but it was toast so I removed it. These came either lined or unlined, so either way you go is right.

2. Broken main zip...BUT this jacket will come with a NOS #5 Talon from @photo2u that you can put in.

3. One of the armpits needs a few stitches.

4. Needs new pockets (original zippers work)

All that notwithstanding, I am confident that this is priced more than fairly for a jacket of this quality. ASKING $400 USD + shipping

Measurements:

Pit to Pit: 20"
Hem: 18"
sleeve: 24"
Length (Back of Collar to hem): 23.75"

Gypsymoth82

A-List Customer
Wise choice. Best cafe racer in the world. After I sold mine, I never bought and never will buy another CR since I'm obviously done with the style as it's either Bates or nothing.

I think so too. I think once it's done it will be amazing, and while it is a bit tight-ish, it doesn't hurt to have a well fitted, T-shirt only jacket for the summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112