1960s Bradlees Sweaters

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Retro Spectator, May 25, 2018.

1. Retro Spectator

Retro Spectator Practically Family

Here's some great finds I got over at Goodwill the other day. Three of the four sweaters are Bradlees, one of them being marked Bradfield instead. The fourth is not made by or for Bradlees and is marked Sedgewick. I've never found deadstock sweaters before, and these ones really are interesting. They're all larges or extra larges, but fit much more like mediums or even smalls (I can fit comfortably into a size 36/37 sportcoat and it won't be snug really at all.) I looked up the logo on the Bradlees ones and it seems that they are all pre 1964.

[​IMG]

Bradfield
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sedgewick Sportswear
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bradlees
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bradlees
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MondoFW

MondoFW Practically Family

Awesome sweaters! If I found these I would have thought they were more recent repros! Finding deadstock items for a bargain is a thrill. The crew neck with orange stripes is definitely something I'd wear with flannel slacks and a tie for a collegiate look. Great finds.

Retro Spectator likes this.
  3. tropicalbob

tropicalbob My Mail is Forwarded Here

Great finds, Retro! Those sweaters remind me of album covers of the great singers of the time: Andy Williams, Johnny Mathis, etc. My older sister had all those albums, and whenever I stayed home sick from school I'd lie there listening to the songs and studying the covers. It might be fun for you to find those covers (you probably already have), and take some pics of yourself in similar scenes. I remember a lot of fireplaces. Anyway, all the best.

4. Great find. Those Italian-made all-wool sweaters are killer. And the black and gold v-neck sweater you're wearing reminds me of Dr. Smith from "Lost In Space." Incidentally, there was a Bradlees in my hometown. I think they went out of business a while ago, but I'm not sure. I remember it because it was in the same shopping mall as Mr. Pizza.

Retro Spectator likes this.
  5. DaveProc

DaveProc One of the Regulars

Bradlees was owned by the same company that owned Stop & Shop and they went out of business in 2001.

Deleted member 16736 likes this.