2015 Stetson Excellent Quality GREEN THIN RIBBON (Preview & Review)

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Joshbru3, Jan 7, 2015.

1. hatsRme

hatsRme

How will they even turn the lights on if you're not there, Jeff?! ;)

2. Jedwbpm

Jedwbpm One Too Many

I'm heading up to your area. North Shore Plumb Island

Jeff

3. hatsRme

hatsRme

How do you take your coffee?

4. mingoslim

mingoslim Practically Family

I pulled the trigger today. . . Jeff was very helpful, and I am looking forward to my new Stetson!

5. Chamuco

Chamuco I'll Lock Up

Thanks for all your help today Jeff !!

You are the man to buy a hat from !

My order is sent !!

6. KingAndrew

KingAndrew A-List Customer

Jeff, I called the store, but the young woman I spoke with didn't know about the offer and suggested I email you directly. I don't know if you have received the email, since I haven't heard anything back. I definitely want to put in my order.

I guess I'll try calling again tonight (where I live, it's 13 hours ahead of Connecticut time).

7. cookie

cookie I'll Lock Up

You nailed it. My son is a photomedia student and is always trying to buy old stock Kodak film on eBay like we buy hats etc

8. mingoslim

King . . .

Just an FYI: Jeff told me he was going out of town this weekend, and would be gone until Monday . . . But I am sure he will check his email at some point.

9. Ginseng

Ginseng One of the Regulars

This is brilliant. I'm very excited to see a hat of this quality at this price point. Will strongly consider it.

10. cloudatlas

cloudatlas New in Town

Has anyone received one of the Excellent quality hats yet? I'd love to see some more pictures. I'm socking away money now for June purchase of a Caribou Strat.

11. mingoslim

I am waiting with baited breath fro mine to arrive from Delmonico's . . . They said six weeks (more or less), and we are on week 5 :)

12. Thunderball

Thunderball One of the Regulars

Will there be a silverbelly excellent Stratoliner?

13. jlee562

jlee562 I'll Lock Up

Not according to the fall catalog. Although it doesn't show sage either, yet here we are. Jeff mentioned there were some printing errors, but no silverbelly so far. The catalog does show a premiere in silverbelly however. Consolation prize?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  14. cloudatlas

cloudatlas New in Town

Do the modern Stratoliners fit true to size? I wear a size 60 in the Akubra Campdraft and size 59 in the Sydney. Figured I'd order an Excellent Stratoliner in 7 1/2, but if they run large, I'll get a 7 3/8 instead. The new Strat is a damn fine looking hat!

15. jlee562

jlee562 I'll Lock Up

Mine were generous in sizing, especially compared to the size my Fed IV ultimately shrank down to.

16. I wear a 61 Akubra, all models & a 7 5/8 Stetson Premiere Stratoliner fits me fine. It starts out a little too round oval but accepts training willingly...

17. cloudatlas

cloudatlas New in Town

Sounds like I should err on the side of the larger of the two sizes and pad the liner if necessary. I'm right in between two sizes, and I don't mind padding an Akubra until it shrinks to fit, but when I'm dropping $350 on a hat, I want it to fit.

18. A Resistol 7 5/8 LO is spot on for my noggin. New Stetsons in 7 5/8 Regular Oval start out tight front to back but get to LO shape with training, that goes mainly for the stiffer western models. The softer fedora ones seem to shift shape a bit quicker. I've got a modern HatCo Stetson new model Stratoliner as well as a Premiere Stratoliner & they both fit nicely after training with my band block, used a hat stretcher prior to getting that. I'm a dead on 24" = 61cm.

19. Thunderball

Thunderball One of the Regulars

My 7-3/4 premier black strat is huge. My 62cm Campdraft fits just right or just a tad tight.

20. cloudatlas

cloudatlas New in Town

Sounds like the sizing can be all over the map. I guess I'll just let Delmonico know when I place my order. My noggin is a solid 23 1/4" --- right between two sizes. Jlee562, gtdean48 and Thunderball: thanks for the info, guys!