Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

20's Make-up?

magnolia76

One of the Regulars
I loooooove the styles of the '20s and I wish that we all still dressed and acted like ladies and gents, but I am SO glad that I don't have to set my hair in fingerwaves and pincurls all night. Whoo hoo for triple barrel curling irons!!

Mojito

One Too Many
magnolia76 said:
I loooooove the styles of the '20s and I wish that we all still dressed and acted like ladies and gents, but I am SO glad that I don't have to set my hair in fingerwaves and pincurls all night. Whoo hoo for triple barrel curling irons!!
Ah...but did they act as ladies and gents? Some girls checked their corsets at the beginning of the night...Zelda Sayre (later Fitzgerald) was among those who asked their date to hold her undergarments in their pockets while they danced!

True blue flappers would have been so with the tripple barrel concept, though - their hair was short and low maintenance, all the better to dance the night away and be ready to go again the next day, just dragging a comb through it. Although that, too, is a bit of a construction..

Naama

Practically Family
Mojito said:
Ah...but did they act as ladies and gents? Some girls checked their corsets at the beginning of the night...Zelda Sayre (later Fitzgerald) was among those who asked their date to hold her undergarments in their pockets while they danced!

That's what I love about the 20's! They where a bit slutty, but in a classy way ;)

Naama

magnolia76

One of the Regulars
Naama said:
That's what I love about the 20's! They where a bit slutty, but in a classy way ;)

Naama

Exactly! They were just as scandalous as society is today, but they hid it like they properly should have. It's always best to leave a man with a shadow of a doubt. Very classy :)

MissMissy

One of the Regulars
I'm not sure if this will help but I found a very stiff eyebrow brush for only $1.49. It's placed in this website's "garage sale" section and plagued with two horrible reviews however I thought something like this might help create a well defined brow. Here is the link

http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebs...=product.display&product_ID=983&ParentCat=117

I have never tried the '20's look but I think it's really quite beautiful. ;)

Missy

p.s. There are only 12 left.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21