Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

22 1/4'' hat on 22'' head?

FedoraFan112390

Practically Family
My head measures somewhere just between 21 3/4'' and 22'' on the dot. I'm looking at a hat that has been measured at 22 1/4''...Will it fit too loosely?

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
my man ... I feel like you keep asking the same questions over and over

1) don't trust anyones circumference measurements unless it is a reputable hatter

2) no one knows how you like your hats to fit

3) if you have no choice but to go by someones measurements and cannot hold the hat in hand get front to back, side to side measurements ... they have proved to me time and time again that they are far more accurate than circumference measurements.
... but the only way to know what yours are is to find a hat which you find very comfortable and measure front to back and side to side inside the sweat.

4) go to a hat shop and try on hats of many sizes

5) if you are 21 7/8 a hat that is 3/8 larger will be loose ... reduction tape is an option but totally avoidable if you see #4

all of these questions can be answered by going to a hat shop and putting hats on your head for 10 minutes

one of the best hat shops on this planet is in Brooklyn ... Bencraft Hatters ... go there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace