Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2nd Lifers.... Explain.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
carebear said:
Don't fool yourself though, there's a lot of furries with giant phalluses walking around even in the "normal" areas.

There are whole districts devoted to various perversions, including pedophilia and bestiality.

Just like the internet at large, the sex whackos are a big percentage.

Them again!!!!! Freakin Furries make me furious, always following me around, even in 1st life.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab

MB5

One of the Regulars
In case anyone was interested in the Thirteenth Floor tie in, it was http://www.Activeworlds.com
You have to have a membership to get access to that world though and the version that came with the disk no longer works. I have contacted support to find out if the DVD owners can still get access to the 13th floor world.

nyx

One of the Regulars
carebear said:
There are whole districts devoted to various perversions, including pedophilia and bestiality.

Is this true? That really sickens me. I think that the company that runs it should make an effort to shut down areas that depict fantasies of things that are illegal. What's to stop a pedophile from getting worked up on 2nd Life and then going out and trying to make his fantasy a reality? Gak. I'm going to be ill...

I tried 2nd life once, but it made me motion sick just walking around the newbie area, so I never got on again.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oh, it's true.

It's also an interesting philosophical and legal area.

Look at it from another direction, a pedo can get on and perhaps work out their fantasies without needing, then, a real world outlet.

Since in all likelihood both people playing the roles are consenting adults, no matter the avatars they choose, there is no actual child being harmed. In a legal sense, there is no "victim" of the perverse act, be it pedophilia, rape or bestiality.

As long as they don't act out their fantasies in the real world with real, non-consenting victims, should there be real world legal sanction?

Aside from expressions of distaste, is there any punishable act occuring?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21