Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

30 Year B-17 Restoration

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Here is dedication, over 30 years and counting. I remember telling people it would take 10 or more years to rebuild a WWII fighter, they would say, "ten years?" I would respond, how old are you going to be in a decade if you don't rebuild it? How old will you be in a decade if you do rebuild it? Wish I had the money back then, I would be flying one for a decade now! [video=youtube;jCfNpE42sYQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=469&v=jCfNpE42sYQ[/video]

p51

One Too Many
Paul Allen from Microsoft has one of the largest private collections of warplanes in the US. He owns a rare E-model B-17 (41-9210), which was flown to a place north of Seattle in 1999. Photos were taken once the paint was stripped off, it was rolled into a hangar...
...and it hasn't been seen since.
I've been told that the people working on it are totally sworn to secrecy.

filfoster

One Too Many
Paul Allen from Microsoft has one of the largest private collections of warplanes in the US. He owns a rare E-model B-17 (41-9210), which was flown to a place north of Seattle in 1999. Photos were taken once the paint was stripped off, it was rolled into a hangar...
...and it hasn't been seen since.
I've been told that the people working on it are totally sworn to secrecy.

This is why bomb-throwers against capitalism should re-think their positions: what a wonderful way to spend money! I hope the results will be worth it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112