Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

40's repro ladies pants for sale plus more

Trickeration

Practically Family
Hi Girls,
I'm doing some closet cleaning and have a few goodies for sale.

First up, a pair of ladies 1940's style side button pants. I got them not long ago, but they just don't sit right on me. I have the same problem with vintage pants most of the time, too, but am occasionally lucky with a pair of jeans. I guess I'm just not the "high-waisted" type. They are a brown and white soft cotton denim with 3 brown on each side. The buttons are the closure. Sizing as follows: waist 27", rise 16", inseam 27", outside seam 41 1/2", cuffs 10 3/4" across. Price $50

I also have a modern Pendleton 49er. It looks like the vintage ones and even has the pleat at the shoulder seam. Nice colors, too, just doesn't fit me or my daughter. Size is a modern ladies large. Shoulders 17", collar to hem in back 29", sleeves 25". Price $20

Item #3 is a 1950's wool and angora sweater. Cream colored, lined (but not in the sleeves). Has a hook and eye at the neck. It's in nice shape, no holes, very soft. Shouldes 16", length 19", sleeves 14". Price $15

The last item is a 1950's ladies suit. It belonged to a friend's mother-in-law. It's a shiny silver material (don't know what) with vertical lines (not pinstriped). The buttons are cover with the same silver material. Jacket is lined with lavender crepe, skirt with a silk or rayon in the same color. There is moth damage to the skirt lining but not the skirt itself, and I saw 2 moth bites on the jacket. One near the bottom button on the left front, and one somewhere on the back that I've lost track of. Sizing is: Jacket - waist 31", bust 38", sleeves 18 1/2". Skirt - waist 28 1/2", hips 40", length 29 1/2". Price $30

I'd be happy to answer any questions or send additional pics. And to keep things simple, I'll say $6 to ship one item, $9 for more than one.
Happy shopping! Trix

PS: I've got more stuff on ebay this week, too. Dresses and skirts from the 30's through 50's, 50's coat, 40's shoes, 50's pants. Here's the link: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZrtkcwyman

dsc01513bz6.jpg
dsc01470qn4.jpg

pict2728ec8.jpg
dsc01486gv5.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
That suit is gorgeous! Fabric looks a lot like sharkskin, popular in the 50s, though I've never seen any ladies items made of it. Wish it would fit!

Trickeration

Practically Family
KittyT - The suit does have that sharkskin sheen, but it seems like it's a bit lighter weight. It has a nice line pattern that didn't show up well in that picture. Sadly, my friend's mom have more curve than I do, so it doesn't fit me either. I really love the length of the skirt.

ShooShooBaby - Yes, isn't the peach dress is amazing?! It just didn't look right on me once I got it, so I thought it best to put it back up on the auction block. Hopefully it will find a good home. :)

catsmeow

One of the Regulars
Trickeration said:
Hi Girls,
I'm doing some closet cleaning and have a few goodies for sale.

First up, a pair of ladies 1940's style side button pants. I got them not long ago, but they just don't sit right on me. I have the same problem with vintage pants most of the time, too, but am occasionally lucky with a pair of jeans. I guess I'm just not the "high-waisted" type. They are a brown and white soft cotton denim with 3 brown on each side. The buttons are the closure. Sizing as follows: waist 27", rise 16", inseam 27", outside seam 41 1/2", cuffs 10 3/4" across. Price $50

I also have a modern Pendleton 49er. It looks like the vintage ones and even has the pleat at the shoulder seam. Nice colors, too, just doesn't fit me or my daughter. Size is a modern ladies large. Shoulders 17", collar to hem in back 29", sleeves 25". Price $20

Item #3 is a 1950's wool and angora sweater. Cream colored, lined (but not in the sleeves). Has a hook and eye at the neck. It's in nice shape, no holes, very soft. Shouldes 16", length 19", sleeves 14". Price $15

The last item is a 1950's ladies suit. It belonged to a friend's mother-in-law. It's a shiny silver material (don't know what) with vertical lines (not pinstriped). The buttons are cover with the same silver material. Jacket is lined with lavender crepe, skirt with a silk or rayon in the same color. There is moth damage to the skirt lining but not the skirt itself, and I saw 2 moth bites on the jacket. One near the bottom button on the left front, and one somewhere on the back that I've lost track of. Sizing is: Jacket - waist 31", bust 38", sleeves 18 1/2". Skirt - waist 28 1/2", hips 40", length 29 1/2". Price $30

I'd be happy to answer any questions or send additional pics. And to keep things simple, I'll say $6 to ship one item, $9 for more than one.
Happy shopping! Trix

PS: I've got more stuff on ebay this week, too. Dresses and skirts from the 30's through 50's, 50's coat, 40's shoes, 50's pants. Here's the link: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZrtkcwyman

dsc01513bz6.jpg
dsc01470qn4.jpg

pict2728ec8.jpg
dsc01486gv5.jpg
I like the high waisted pants. What is the size of the hips again? How much would you ship to Australia?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points