50’s Windward Shearling

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Roy Hobbs, Dec 8, 2021.

1. Roy Hobbs

Roy Hobbs Familiar Face

I bought this jacket as my first vintage about 6 months ago and the sellers measurements for PP were way off. Over the last months I’ve found I prefer repro so this has just sat. Overall the leather is quite nice and heavy with some moderate patina but no damage that I can see. Shearling lining and collar in amazing condition. Storm cuffs also in good condition. On deeper inspection I found 2 small holes in the lining where the side meets the armpit but look like it just needs to be stitched. The main zipper looks old and is rough to work. When I tried to zip and unzip, the zipper came loose in a section so it would need to be repaired/replaced. Since I don’t know anything about vintage stuff I’ll leave it to the forum to advise what’s needed.

Correct measurements are:
    PP-22”
    Sleeve-25.5”
    Shoulders-19.5”
    Length-27.5”

$450 Ppff including shipping in CONUS. I’ve had a few successful purchases and sales on here and happy to connect via phone/FaceTime if needed.

Attached Files:

2. Roy Hobbs

Roy Hobbs Familiar Face

Additional pictures

Attached Files:

ton312 likes this.
  3. ton312

ton312

Beautiful jacket! I have the exact same one and it’s an all time favorite! GLWS!
    5868E762-DF84-4FFF-BEC1-E55E300EC190.jpeg

4. Roy Hobbs

Roy Hobbs Familiar Face

Thanks @ton312 ! I actually bought it after I saw you wear the revenant. Sucks that it didn't fit! Thanks for the righteous fit pic!

ton312 likes this.
  5. ton312

ton312

This jacket is the vintage winter jacket to have imho....shame it didn't work out for you.

6. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

Amazing piece!

7. eyewildshot

eyewildshot One of the Regulars

Simply Handsome!

ton312 likes this.
  8. ton312

ton312

The true beauty of this model is the length. It’s the perfect “long Halfbelt” without being too long. If I had to pick an all time favorite leather jacket…this would be it. It’s just that good!

9. Roy Hobbs

Roy Hobbs Familiar Face

Thanks @ton312 you wear it well and I think it’s a very classy silhouette…no offers as of yet

10. Roy Hobbs

Roy Hobbs Familiar Face

Bump

11. Roy Hobbs

Roy Hobbs Familiar Face

Bump to $375