Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

6 7/8 size hats grey Borsilono and Dobbs

Molorom

Familiar Face
Grey Dobbs
no size tag, but both hats were bought together and appear to be sized the
same. There was a tag that said long oval though.
The brim is 3 inches wide, with a 1/2 inch binding. The crown is 5 1/2 inches tall, and the ribbon is 1 .25 inches wide. I can veryfy the date being 1952 because the sweatband had a newspaper clipping under it when I bought it, and it the date on the top was march 28th 1952. The origonal filenes tag is also on the inside of the hat, and the date says 1947, so its around 1952-47 it seems. The hat is very clean, and the felt is extremely soft and pliable. I would keep it but I wear a 7 1/4 long oval, so its kind of small :p
The yellow stuff on the picture of the liner is just dried shellac stiffner. I cleaned it out since I took the picture. crown is 6.25 wide by 8 long, measured from the outside of the sweat, if that helps sizing at all.
Mvc-189x.jpg

MVC-185X.jpg

Mvc-188x.jpg

Mvc-191x.jpg

MVC-181X.jpg

shipping is 15$ in the United states. You have your choice of the origonal box inside a shipping box, or a true hatters shipping box. I only have one hatters shipping box left. Just make me an offer on either hat and they are yours.
If theres no intrest they will go on ebay, just figured loungers might be intrested first.
email me at wolfpitwhips@comcast.net to make an offer, any welcome.
Regards,
Adam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112