Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

60s Sport Coat Buttons?

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
I have this wonderful plaid 60s sport coat I got from a local flea market store last year. I would love to be able to wear it, but the middle button is broken. Where might I find a button that matches the other buttons to replace the broken one? Thanks! :D

I would like to mention that I searched Etsy and eBay and found nothing that would match, but I did find some 60s buttons that were the same shape. Problem: they were lilac! :p

On a side note, I would like to mention that somebody along the lines had the jacket dry cleaned, and presumably pressed. I feel that the "presser" pressed the lapels too wide as the top button is bent a bit from the lapel width.

The jacket.
CTxilu9.jpg

Cracked button.
VVTQtSh.jpg

Here's an example of one of the good buttons.
sK4VBcn.jpg

P.S. I'm sorry the pictures look like the Loch Ness Monster.

MisterGrey

Practically Family
I'm interested to hear if any Loungers have a proper name for the pattern. It's almost-but-not-quite a gun club check. I used to have an almost identical jacket, also purchased from a thrift store, which ended up going right back when I realized how heavy it really was and how little wear I'd get out of it. I think it was a popular enough pattern for a brief period in the 60s-70s to make similar examples a staple of Goodwill and Salvation Army stores near you.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Your easiest solution is to replace all three buttons with similar buttons (these ones are very
plain and unremarkable). You could probably buy or find a near wrecked 1960's/70's suit coat and use the buttons from that.

VintageEveryday

A-List Customer
I'd call the pattern "gingham" if I didn't know any better. It's very unusual. But yeal. I'd just replace all the buttons if I were you. Sometimes, that's the most fun part: customization!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk