Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

7 1/4 (58cm) Black UK Manufactured Homburg Scottish Department Store Logo

Nothing is more classically elegant than a fine black homburg! Vintage felt from the mid century is superior in so many ways to what is available in modern hats. To this end, I have way too many black homburgs in my collection! I am going to offer up a few of them, mostly to spread the wealth, and to promote sartorial elegance.

This early to mid-1950s Homburg was sold through a famous Scottish department store, R.W. Forsythe in Glasgow. Size is 7 1/4", fits perfect. I suspect this one was manufactured by one of the larger hat makers in Great Britain and was marketed with the Forsythe logos. Outstanding hat in all ways. Black as night, with classic lines. I am willing to sell this one for what I paid for it a few years ago.

7 1/4 Black Homburg: $90.00 plus $14.00 shipping in the US. International shipping is still restricted from here I believe, but that would also be at cost.

21Dec17 Forsythe Homburg crown 550x.jpg
21Dec17 Forsythe Homburg front.jpg
1Dec17 Forsythe Homburg liner.jpg
Ebay photo Liner.jpg
RW Forsythe store in Glasgow.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana