Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

7 3/8 Champ Take Off 1960's

theinterchange

One Too Many
I bought this a while back from a seller who mis-listed it size wise. I really like the hat, but it's a bit too large and I look utterly ridiculous in it's pork pie like crown. :p

The hat itself is fairly clean. No moth nibbles or other issues that I've been able to detect. There is a slight musty smell which I haven't tried to combat with chemicals. The sweatband could use a little mink oil or whatever you prefer [I've left it as is so the next owner can do as they wish for treatment] Still has the original pin and feather intact.

The color is a dark grey/maroon tinged brown but comes across as much redder in these photos. The "ribbon" treatment is a felt and braided nylon [?] affair which adds a bit of interest to the hat.

IMG_6351.jpg

IMG_6352.jpg

The above photo is most accurate to the hat's colour.

IMG_6359.jpg

IMG_6360.jpg

IMG_6354.jpg

IMG_6356.jpg

IMG_6357.jpg

IMG_6355.jpg

IMG_6358.jpg

The hats specs are as follows:

Crown: 4" approximately [with center crease in]

Brim: 2"

Overall, this hat is in great condition. Were it my size, I'd simply reshape the crown to my liking, and be very happy with the hat... but as it is, I just don't wear it and hate to have something like this sitting around unappreciated!

I'm asking $45 + shipping to US members. Postage cost of course varies by location.

Thanks for looking, and if any more photos or information is required let me know! I wanted to put this on the Bay, but figured I'd give it a whirl here first.

Randy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk