Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

70's design leather coat?

Doublegun

Practically Family
First post in a VERY long time. Have an Aero half-belt and a cafe and am now looking for a longer jacket - one I can wear over a heavy sweater - with a 70's feel vibe. Thinking Stockman, but I'm not committed to Aero. Prefer button front, deep slash pockets, non-belted, with a somewhat tapered profile so it isn't just big and boxy.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

JDG

Doublegun

Practically Family
Yeah. That's what I'm talking about. Not sure I'd go belted but that's the feel. Anyone else have a similar idea/coat?

zebedee

One Too Many
Photo on 22-12-2016 at 14.24.jpg

zebedee

One Too Many
I sent them a used 70's big-lapel jacket that I had bought from eBay and they copied it, adding the cuffs. Got it lined in an olive durable fabric. The whole project cost 800 GBP, but the workmanship is fantastic and they are fantastic to deal with. Wait time was short- less than 2 months. I reckon a copy of the jacket in 'Nice Guys' in cordovan would be great.

zebedee

One Too Many
Here's a pic of the lining. Simmons Bilt offers a wide choice- I went with something durable but light as per their suggestion:
Photo on 23-12-2016 at 15.10.jpg

Doublegun

Practically Family
So I'm very familiar with Aero but that's it and recently I've been looking at Lost Worlds and their coats look great (really like their leather Pea Coat). What other manufacturers produce very high quality coats?

zebedee

One Too Many
Not sure about longer leather jackets specifically- Aero, Simmons Bilt, Johnson Leathers and Schott (maybe not quite as good as the aforementioned, but YMMV) spring to mind. Johnson Leathers will make you a custom piece at a good price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko