Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

78s to go cheap. Yodeling Cowboys, Wilf Carter etc.

Chas

One Too Many
I have quite a few of these. Is there anybody interested? If so, pm me and will send you a detailed list. Many are in good to excellent shape; we can hammer out a very advantageous deal for you. Expect to pay little more than shipping.

Last edited:

Gene

Practically Family
If you got any Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, Sons of the Pioneers, Bob Wills, Prairie Ramblers, Hank Williams, Ernest Tubb, Jimmy Wakely, Jimmie Rodgers, or any others of the like, let me at 'em!!!!!

Chas

One Too Many
I will have a list ready by Wed. next. I definitely have some Sons of The Pioneers. Thanks for getting back. So glad to know that at least some of these will go to a loving home. If you are ever in Vancouver, let me know. I see tons of the stuff you mention (apart from Bob Wills) and can steer you toward a motherlode of the stuff.

Back in the day, apart from the really pop-py stuff, singing cowboys were BIG out here. I can tell by what I see in the collections I sift through on my quest for the 52nd Street stuff.

Chas

One Too Many
Going through the stuff I want to sell I am seeing hot dance, popular music, novelty, comedy stuff - Margaret McKee singing bird records, Spike Jones etc etc.

Will send out an excel sheet with everything- w/prices; nothing will be over $5.

Warden

One Too Many
Always after 78s foxtrots, waltz records although I am over the pond in the UK, but if your willing to spend happy to purchase.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Lord. I have boxes of this stuff. Seems like you have to buy twenty yodelers to get one Fats Waller. Like the stingy brim hats you have to buy to get the decent one in a box.

Gene

Practically Family
Lord. I have boxes of this stuff. Seems like you have to buy twenty yodelers to get one Fats Waller. Like the stingy brim hats you have to buy to get the decent one in a box.

I have the opposite problem here. I've seen enough Dinah Shore, Tommy Tucker, Swing and Sway with Sammy Kaye and songs from "Oklahoma!" to last many lifetimes.

Chas

One Too Many
Update: all my records currently have been valued for sale; most are in the $2 range.

For those who are interested, my rating system is similar to that used by others.

M= Mint Condition. Looks like it was bought yesterday.
NM= Near Mint. Almost looks new. No scuff, marks or other faults.
VG++ = Minor scuffs that do not affect playability.
VG+ = Minor scuffing, shallow scratches or damage to the label. Still plays OK, albeit with pops and general wear.
VG = well loved, or well worn from those darned steel needles. Scratched, scuffed and generally playable w/ tolerable amount of noise.

Some may be ultra-rare collectors items that are ludicrously under priced, but most are pretty common.

Here's the deal : I will need to charge $1.00 per record for handling cost (buying boxes & styrofoam packing). Shipping to be calculated and that cost borne by the buyer.
Buy 5 records, get one free, except for the records listed with a "*".
Buy 10 records, get two free, as above. And so on. OR: make me an offer on a group of records. I am flexible, they need to go and I don't listen to these records- I'm not a hoarder and would really like to see these go to loving homes.

I will accept paypal or money orders. Insurance is a good idea- I will well pack them and liberally mark the boxes "VERY FRAGILE" but you know what can happen.

I need email addresses from all interested parties and will send out the lists in excel files. I will send out the lists as a group email and first come-first serve.

Let me know if there are any prob's when you get them and we will work something out.

Over the next couple of weeks I am going to let go of some big band stuff- Glenn Miller, Harry James et. al. Will sell here first. Cheers.

p.s. my regular email is c_burnham@shaw.ca

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk