Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

7X Stetson Whippet

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Colby Jack said:
I'm hoping so...but according to Besdor...it's not a classic at all, but something made in the 80's. At least it's a 7x...:D
Hey, like you said, you got a 7X beaver hat, in a hard to find size, for 75 bucks! You can't get a NEW Stetson, with NO beaver, for that much!

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Sweet sweet sweet!

Woods was right...it is a sweet hat!...:D :D :D
Let's see...tag under sweat says:
Zenith df5514
Color is caribou
7X (and feels it!)
2 1/4 (brim)
size 7 3/4...
Shimmed it to fit a little more snuggly...
060708_162501.jpg
[/IMG]
060708_162900.jpg
[/IMG]
It's soft as can be...reminds me of the Akubra Adventurer (original kind)...except the bound brim let's it hold that snap brim in place.
The grey color has a blue tint to it...but that changes with the light...
I'm still wondering about it's origins though. has anyone come across a Whippet with the Strat/OR ribbon...also the edge binding is thin...the Whippet (in pictures) seems to have a wider brim binding. This is more like an OR's ...

Otherwise...I am loving this hat...very light weight...could become my go to hat for now...at least it's in the rotation now...:eusa_clap
So what's the thoughts?

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Woods...I love it!...I may send it off for a good cleaning etc...Maybe even a reblock([huh] )...just to bring the size down a tad..that would also raise the crown a bit too....:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points