Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A-2 Poughkeepsie Contract

• Thread starter Deleted member 16736
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16736

Does anybody own a Poughkeepsie A-2? I ordered one from Goodwear and I'm wondering if anybody can describe the fit and comfort of this contract. John says it's a good common-sense A2. Thanks.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Joel, I have never owned a GW Poughkeepsie, but I do own three originals in a size 44. They were made of thinner hh and are very comfortable to wear with wider sleves than some A2s and a fuller body. John's repro's are spot on in terms of the original contract.

Peacoat

Bartender
My GW Poughkeepsie is a perfect fit and is comfortable to wear. Don't know how to describe the fit other than John nailed it. Andrew mentioned the sleeves were wider than other contracts. I haven't notched my sleeves being wide, but then I have no original A-2s to compare it to. As Andrew mentioned, John said the Poughkeepsie is cut a little larger than the other contracts. As such it is a comfortable A-2 to wear with a fitted look to it.

D

Deleted member 16736

My GW Poughkeepsie is a perfect fit and is comfortable to wear. Don't know how to describe the fit other than John nailed it. Andrew mentioned the sleeves were wider than other contracts. I haven't notched my sleeves being wide, but then I have no original A-2s to compare it to. As Andrew mentioned, John said the Poughkeepsie is cut a little larger than the other contracts. As such it is a comfortable A-2 to wear with a fitted look to it.

Yeah, that's the paradox of the Poughkeepsie: it's roomy but it has a fitted look. My Dubow was roomy but didn't have a fitted look. Maybe it was a size too big for me, but I felt like the General wearing it, not the Lieutenant. Anyway, I chose the Poughkeepsie so I could have my cake and eat it too. Plus I grew up near Poughkeepsie. The only thing is, I ordered it in the seal brown aniline finish HH and so far as I know, Poughkeepsie A-2s were all made with a pigment finish. John had a dark russet pigment finish I liked, but he discontinued it. I asked for a sample of his dull semi-aniline russet. Andrew, your new Monarch is in the semi-aniline russet. How does it compare to your original Poughkeepsie leather-wise?

derleicaman

One of the Regulars
Hey Joel,
As the current owner of your Dubow, for me it fits great. Past 50 and 200 lbs at 5'11" I'm not as svelte as some, but not too big either. I looked at the Poughkeepsie as a possibility too. I agree that the pigment finish doesn't have the same appeal as the seal aniline. Good luck!

D

Deleted member 16736

Hey Joel,
As the current owner of your Dubow, for me it fits great. Past 50 and 200 lbs at 5'11" I'm not as svelte as some, but not too big either. I looked at the Poughkeepsie as a possibility too. I agree that the pigment finish doesn't have the same appeal as the seal aniline. Good luck!

Funny. Glad to hear you're enjoying it. I'm also planning to lose 25 pounds, which would have made the Dubow unwearable!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn