Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A-2 question for the reenactors

greyhound68

A-List Customer
You could paint them on. This was done many times during the war even had an original A2 that had LT bars painted on. This way also you can take them off if you don't want them anymore.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Here's something else you might consider: I recently saw an original A-2 from a Lieut. with painted leather rectangles sewn on the eppaulet.

Estevan

One of the Regulars
Here's a pic....

Here's a photo of my original. 1st Lt bars....

Painted and sewn on.

CIMG6326.jpg

And the Major....

8b7e66dc.jpg

Estevan

One of the Regulars
Diamondback said:
Okay, how do you apply rank insignia without wrecking the epaulet? Just pin 'em straight through and to heck with the resulting holes, or clip the pinpoints and glue 'em on, or what?

You have some or do you need some? Let me know, I have a pair of 2nd Lt bars I don't need.

To be honest, this is for applying five-star insignia to an A-2 for my collection of MacArthuriana--only to be worn should I be reenacting the General. (I already have pins, but need to get to Norfolk to see if they have the original Mac jacket, and if so how he did it--this post was intended to gain "general theory" understanding, which you have all helped very much to provide.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points