Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Amy U

New in Town
I recently picked up what seemed to be a dark brown leather US army Air Force bomber jacket. I have been attempting to research it but I am struggling.The label states: Type A-2, Drawing No. 30-1415, Contract No. 45-1410P, Property Air Forces. U.S. Army. I would add photos but I can't seem to get them to upload. Any information or ideas anyone can share about this jacket would be greatly appreciated.

Amy U

New in Town

Yes I have considered that. This jacket, however, is unbranded, and the label reads only as I mentioned. I cannot seem to find any of this drawing or contract number that have not been branded, which is what really puzzles me. The jacket does appear very similar or identical to the AERO jackets and the label does look genuine.

Amy U

New in Town

I cannot view the photos on here for some reason but I have found that the jacket is most similar to the AEROs, yes. The jacket is unbranded though, which is what really confuses me, as I have had trouble finding any others of this drawing or contract number that are not branded. The label reads exactly as I wrote above and nothing else, which is why I am so unsure as to what it is unfortunately.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes I have considered that. This jacket, however, is unbranded, and the label reads only as I mentioned. I cannot seem to find any of this drawing or contract number that have not been branded, which is what really puzzles me. The jacket does appear very similar or identical to the AERO jackets and the label does look genuine.
This is one of the photos that is no longer appearing in that thread (if you google A-2 jacket 45-1410P and look at photos, you will find it). The label is missing the Aero name presumably because this is a very early production.
A-2.jpg

Amy U

New in Town
This is one of the photos that is no longer appearing in that thread (if you google A-2 jacket 45-1410P and look at photos, you will find it). The label is missing the Aero name presumably because this is a very early production. View attachment 88399

Thanks for the help, it's much appreciated. I contacted Aero themselves in the end as I thought that would be the best way to get the answers I wanted. I have just received a reply from Ken Calder himself confirming it is one of theirs, an early production from 1984-85 and is connelly steerhide with a spun silk lining. I am over the moon obviously, but as I brought it to resell, I have absolutely no idea where to go from here!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk