Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A couple B3 questions...

Schwa

New in Town
I have a Real McCoy B3 and think it's great. I wonder what's going on these days in the market. Who makes the best B3 these days?

I also wonder what the value of a good B3 is these days. I see a lot of substandard B3's priced well over $1k, what's a good price on a well made one?

Roma

A-List Customer
I saw no difference in quality when was choosing between Aero and Eastman, but the prices were very different, Eastman was (and is) more expensive. Since I was looking for specific colour set (which Eastman didn't make), I opted for an Aero. Eastman source their sheepskin from North America (it's stated on the website), Aero from England. To be more precise the company they get the sheepskin has a tannary in England. That I was told by Aero since they don't mention on their website where they get the sheepskin from. Another factor is the authenticity. Eastman, it's said, are more correct. When I was looking for my B3 I also heard thar RMNZ was the best. My B3 is attached.

Roma

A-List Customer
6f39e16703fdf93fa7435e3d2de54c68.jpg

Roma

A-List Customer
There's also Lost Worlds which is in the market in the premier league but don't know about their sheepskin jackets. Since their leather jackets are the end of the path as some peole say, I don't know how good their B3s.

ronbo

Familiar Face
I have a Real McCoy B3 and think it's great. I wonder what's going on these days in the market. Who makes the best B3 these days?

I also wonder what the value of a good B3 is these days. I see a lot of substandard B3's priced well over $1k, what's a good price on a well made one?
Hello - I have an Eastman "redskin" two piece back B-3 that I really like and a seal brown Aero B-3 (contract No. 40-1721P) that is REALLY heavy duty and also a two-piece back. The Aero reminds me of a Real McCoy B-3 I owned about 10 years ago that was probably the best constructed of all of them. I'll probably be the only one here but for me the Aero is KING !!

Edward

Bartender
I have a Lost Worlds model probably made eight or ten years ago. Cracking jacket, very heavy duty. I don't think I could be bothered with the hassle of dealing with LW if buying new (especially given ELC and Aero are, relatively speaking, on my doorstep), but I certainly can't fault the quality of the product. I can't comment on the real depths of accuracy, but it looks good to me. If I were to buy another B3, all things considered including price, I'd probably opt for the Aero Redskin.

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
Sexy huh...Women Cant say no you say? Worth the money?

First you get the money, then you get the Jacket, then you get the power, then you get the women! :D

zoran

Banned
Beautiful.It remains me on Avirex B3 antique brown jacket from the 90's.Do you know the exact weight of the Aero B3 in redskin?
3 kilos or maybe more?Would you measure it?Your photos are great only I can't see the weight on them.
What are the havier jackets ?Aero or Eastman B3 50 call edition?I have read Eastman B3 50 call jacket in regular size 42 is 3,7 kilos.Can you compare that with your Aero redskin jacket?Which is havier?What is your opinion my friend?
Best.
Zoran

alfyman

One of the Regulars
I got this one from flightjackets .com, But I had mine custom made with shorter length (3 inches) and one inch larger Collar size 44, good price.. $7something,

Attachments

• IMG_0290.jpg
    IMG_0290.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 2,458
Last edited:

jeepjeep13

One of the Regulars
I've been looking at the Aero Redskin B3 and was wondering if it really is as "red" as it looks online or is it more of a russet? I already have an Aviation Leathercraft Irvin which I adore and I guess I don't really NEED a B3, but it looks so darn pretty! Anyone know if it's comparable in warmth?

Edward

Bartender
I don't own an Aero B3, but I do own an ELC 42 pattern Irvin and a LW B3, so can comment on the difference between them. The Irvin is physically much lighter to wear; the horsehide panels on thed B3 add a surprising amount of extra weight when held in the hand. Both of mine are equally warm and comfortable when worn, though. I think it's an aesthetic chocie as much as anything, though obviously the elbowsof the B3 will be better protected from wearing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk