Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A custom Wested Horsehide 3/4 Coat

JerseyJones

Vendor
Hi All,

I don't know if I ever posted pix of my Wested custom coat. I had it made to be worn over suits in the winter. I used the basic Indy Jacket design (Action Back, lower panel, side pulls ) but stretched it, adding several vintage coat elements that I liked (back belt, flat front with a breast zipper, deeper scalloped pockets and three internal pockets). Peter and company literally designed this pattern for me and it was a blasted STEAL costs wise. It is a great coat and a one of a kind ! Until one of you orders one, of course :)

N-Joy - Ken

DSCN6554-vi.jpg

DSCN6553-vi.jpg

DSCN6635-vi.jpg

The gallery is here http://public.fotki.com/KenKenobi/custom_wested_three/

IndianaGuybrush

One of the Regulars
I've always loved the look of that coat Ken, and in fact it's what had inspired me to start saving up for my Aero 30s long half-belt.

JerseyJones

Vendor
IndianaGuybrush said:
I've always loved the look of that coat Ken, and in fact it's what had inspired me to start saving up for my Aero 30s long half-belt.

Why thanks IGB ? The Aero's had inspired me too, but I needed some specific features for my purposes as I said. If you like the coat, I am fairly sure that Peter at Wested would be able to make you one. I wouldn't mind.

Thanks
Ken

IndianaGuybrush

One of the Regulars
I had considered that Ken, but a couple of things held me back. First, I liked the (actual) half belt on the half belt. Second, the cut and fit of the Aero seems just a bit more vintage to me. And third, the heavy weight of the Aero HH sealed the deal. I do still think your coat rocks though:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana