Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Fedora Lounge Time Capsule (unofficial)

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
The time capsule has always been a simple way of preserving history. They've always contained something with value, whether it be a coin, a letter, or a t shirt. The time capsule's main purpose is to preserve something for future generations to enjoy. Most of them are physical objects in which are buried in the ground, the date for when it is to be opened on the capsule itself.

I've often thought of the Fedora Lounge as a sort of time capsule, but it is always reopened. Each thread contains valuable information, silly jokes, small talk and intelligent conversation. Each time you respond to a thread, it is reopened for newcomers to view. I thought it would be a great thing to have one particular thread in which everyone can add one thing they could say to future members about the lounge in the time they have been a member, and the thread to be closed once let's say 1,000 posts, one post per member, have been made, and reopened on a given day, a decade from now. The year 2020.

Who knows if this website will still be here by then. Who knows if someone will be around to reopen the capsule. I do not know if a thread can be invisible. I know that when you close a thread, it can still be viewed, but no one can respond to it anymore. I believe it would be a great project to start on. Photos can be posted with the response, but be careful what you post, because if this idea does happen, your post will be permanent when the capsule is closed.

What do you think ladies and gentlemen?

Lucyinthesky

New in Town
What do you think ladies and gentlemen?
Time capsule? or time seriously just flying ?
2020 is next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch