Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A few good books

Philip A.

Familiar Face
Books-B.jpg

Books-D.jpg

Books-F.jpg

Books-I.jpg

Books-E.jpg

Books-G.jpg

Books-L.jpg

I've been reading since I was a toddler, and have always enjoyed a good book. But there is a particular thing about original volumes, books with a history going back to the days when the author was alive.

Like reading a first print of W. D. M. Bell's "Wanderings" by a campfire in Karamoja, knowing that the landscape unraveling along the pages is just out there, awaiting dawn to show itself... Or walking on the steps of Speke, Stanley, Stigand, Lyell, holding a book that they may very well have had in their own hands when fresh out of press.

Something magic.

Steven180

One of the Regulars
Great set Philip A!

Keep collecting and preserve them well.
M.

P.S. Anyone else have a nice vintage library?

jenicamalaya

New in Town
The Sins of the Father , The Descendants, The Magic, Ashoka, Windows Hacking 2.0, The Forest of Stories, Three Mistake of My Life, Vision 2020, Five Point Someone are best books.

Stormy

A-List Customer
I've been fortunate to find some treasures in children's lit for my grandson's (and my) library. And I'm finding these gifts at the local thrift and resale shops.
For some reason, folks round here don't seem to value vintage books that much. So, I'm always able to find them. Recently, I've found a near perfect copy of Up & Down New York by Tony Sarg for my grandson and a vintage Emily Post's Guide to Etiquette for me. I have found so many good vintage books here over the years.

Duke of Buckingham

New in Town
Not only is it a stunning collection, but all of the books are within the theme. It is not a random assortment of good looking books.

I've been reading books from the library recently, having slowed down my used book purchasing - but, crikey, looking at these pictures I might have a relapse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot