A few hats up for auction...

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Frunobulax, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

Hi all. I put a few up for auction yesterday from some recent trips to the antique shops and the like lately. My wife refers to it as "Hatiquing."

Nothing too special. Well, the Mallory is, it's fantastic, but it's a small size. (cough, @Short Balding Guy, cough!)

This Sears "Chief of State" is fairly nice and fits true to 7 1/4. It has been worn, though, but has a lot of life left in it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222371746846?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

As previously stated, this Mallory is pristine. The smaller size means a smaller price...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222371751346?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Newer Stetson "Romano" I switched the ribbon out on. I'll include the original felt ribbon when it ships, if that's your thing. Tagged 7 1/8, but fits snugly on my 7 1/4 noggin.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222371755164?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Lastly, a nice, dark blue soft felt Borsalino Homburg. Fairly low crowned, and short brimmed, but excellent felt - easily shaped. Color is "Mirtillo." Seems to be true to size.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222371754110?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Feel free to ask me any questions.

M Hatman likes this.
  2. Redfokker

Redfokker

Interesting...wish I could fit into that Borsalino. The Sears is a contender though.

M Hatman and Frunobulax like this.
  3. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

The Borsa is interesting. The brim isn't so stiff, and even "flops" a bit. But it holds it's curl.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

4. Bob Roberts

Bob Roberts I'll Lock Up

I was hoping...

5. Bob Roberts

Bob Roberts I'll Lock Up

...but glad you didn't!

6. tropicalbob

tropicalbob My Mail is Forwarded Here

You wouldn't happen to have anything in a 7 7/8, wouldja?

7. LuvMyMan

LuvMyMan I’ll Lock Up.

If these were 7 1/2, I be borrowing to buy them all as I type this. I am sure they will all sell...the pricing is bargain priced for sure. SOME one is going to get lucky!

8. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

I haven't found a decent larger size hat while snooping around in a while. If I do, I'll make sure they get posted or cross-posted here. I know you, Cindy, Jack and some others are hard-pressed to find nice hats in your size. Going back out later this week for some Hatiquing. Maybe I'll find something.

tropicalbob likes this.
  9. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

Didn't what?

10. Bob Roberts

Bob Roberts I'll Lock Up

Stetsonian

11. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

Been smokin' the funny stuff, Bob? That hat will be in my possession when I'm afforded the Last Rights.

FedOregon, Redfokker and Bob Roberts like this.
  12. tropicalbob

tropicalbob My Mail is Forwarded Here

Thanks. Maybe we could start a sort of sympathy thread, like "Help the Homeless," but call it "Help the Hat-Challenged." Whenever somebody sees a hat for sale in a larger size they could give us a "heads up." I'm not proud.

Redfokker likes this.
  13. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

Bumpity bump-bump!

A little over 24 hours to go on these hats. I'm really hoping one of our Loungers grabs that Mallory Ten Hommie. It's a beaut, and I want it to go to a good home!

Bob Roberts likes this.
  14. Celia

Celia A-List Customer

Unfortunately even my head is too big for that homburg :( Hope you find a buyer, that hat needs to be worn!

Frunobulax and Redfokker like this.
  15. Redfokker

Redfokker

+1 I want the homburg so bad, but it is way too small. Maybe I should have a head shrinker work on me!

Frunobulax and Celia like this.
  16. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

Not just because of the hat, either...[emoji6]

Redfokker likes this.
  17. Scooterz

Scooterz Practically Family

Put in a bid on the sears. Brim is a bit shorter than my target range but it looks pretty nice.

FedOregon likes this.
  18. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

That was you? Good luck. Yeah, it has smaller dimensions than an actual OR, but seems to be a nice hat. It was pretty misshapen when I picked it up, but I reblocked it and cleaned it up a bit. It has the "Sears" designation, but not the "Pilgrim" name. Not certain what that means, though.

Bob Roberts likes this.