Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A few pics from today

Aaron Hats

Vendor
Everyone seemed to enjoy the pics Jeremy posted of Hats Plus and Art's and John's workshops so I thought I'd do the same and post a few pics from the store taken today.

It's a long walk to the back:
110306A.jpg

Another angle:
110306B.jpg

A full Tilley rack with fedoras in the background:
110306C.jpg

Our Kangol section that seems to never stop growing:
110306F.jpg

And a few westerns because I love 'em:
110306D.jpg

Besdor, How about a few pics of your two stores?

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
I will put up some pic's next week . I'm embarrased . Your store is so neat . I hope to be posting some pictures of the Borsalino factory when I go to Italy in two weeks as well .

Steven

Aaron Hats

Vendor
Thanks. We do try to keep the store neat and clean but it's especially neat because we just filmed our latest tv commercial this week.

RBH said:
this is as close as I will most likely ever be to N.H.
:eusa_clap So a B I G thanks for the photos!!:eusa_clap

Since you won't be making it this way anytime soon here's what we woke up to this morning...a dusting of snow.
110306.jpg

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Wow!!

What a nice hat store and just great prices... I don't know how you do it Aaron... Your prices are better than some online sites with so called free shipping.:) :eusa_clap :eusa_doh:

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Free shipping is just a scam to lure in a customer who doesn't know actual prices .
I had a call from a customer who asked, "why dont you give free shipping on your site like The ...... ....." I told the guy to add up our price with the shipping and compare it to the other site . He called back two minutes later and apologized . Then he bought three hats!!
There is nothing like dealing with a real store .

Steven
generations

Serial Hero

A-List Customer
RBH said:
this is as close as I will most likely ever be to N.H.
:eusa_clap So a B I G thanks for the photos!!:eusa_clap
Never stop dreaming big. You'll get there some day;)

Aaron, great looking shop. I wish there was one like that around here.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
In Miami ,my friend Bruno has a hat store called Hats and Hats . Look em up. He's the only store in Miami that has a decent selection of hats for men.

Steven

epic610

One of the Regulars
Besdor...

before posting photos of your store, and then travelling to Italy, perhaps you could get your tech guy moving to put up your new website.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Next week , you will see all of the new items for sale on our site . It's been a lot of work for me to do.
THEN I will post pictures of my trip to Italy. I may even post pictures of the Borsalino museum!!

Steven

Aaron Hats

Vendor
SHARPETOYS said:
I don't know how you do it Aaron...

How do we do it? We do it by working 6-7 days a week. We do it by not being happy with where we are today and always striving to make Aaron Hats better for us and our customers. When we save a little money we buy new store fixtures, have posters printed, search for new hat brands and invest in better technology.

October was our best month ever but that only means we're going to work harder in the coming months and years. We have a long way to go but with stores like Bencraft and DelMonico to look to as role models we'll make it.

I could go on for an hour about what it takes to operate your own business.

mthatter said:
It must be hard for your customers to walk out with only one hat. You are set up well to put a hat on anyone. How's your equipment search coming?

A lot of them do get more than one. I think our record so far is one customer who bought 14 hats and caps at once.

The equipment search is very slow. At the beginning of the year I had a goal or refurbing hats by the end of the year. Now here we are in November and I'm not much closer to that goal. There just isn't enough time in a day.

We'll have that snow soon enough but right now, better you and than me.

besdor said:
Next week , you will see all of the new items for sale on our site . It's been a lot of work for me to do.

Take your time and do it right. Most folks don't know how much time and effort it takes to maintain a successful website. My own family thinks it's as simple as snapping a picture and it magically appears on the site.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Working six days a week and running an internet/catalog business is a lot of work . I've been doing it for 20 years . Every year it seems to get harder and harder as you try to carry a little of everything. It's hard to decide what brands to carry and what not. I have a room full of samples from companies all over the world who are dying to get some representation here in the USA .
We are known for carrying a huge selection of Borsalino hats and caps , but I always think there is space for more!!

Steven

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
besdor said:
Working six days a week and running an internet/catalog business is a lot of work . I've been doing it for 20 years . Every year it seems to get harder and harder as you try to carry a little of everything. It's hard to decide what brands to carry and what not. I have a room full of samples from companies all over the world who are dying to get some representation here in the USA .
We are known for carrying a huge selection of Borsalino hats and caps , but I always think there is space for more!!

Steven

Hey Steven, if you ever need a field tester for any of those samples, I would be more than happy to lend a hand. Or a head as the case may be. :rolleyes:
As for the website, I agree, roll it out when YOU are satisfied with it. The site represents you and your standards. Anything less than reaching YOUR standards would only diminish your reputation for quality. JMHO

Sly Style

Familiar Face
Great pictures. Further convinces me that I have to make a trip over, probably just to look since the resteraunt I work at is slower than death right now, but it would still be nice to see.

I remain sincerely,
Benny K.

Aaron Hats

Vendor
besdor said:
It's hard to decide what brands to carry and what not. I have a room full of samples from companies all over the world who are dying to get some representation here in the USA .

That's one of our biggest struggles too. Do we go more in depth with our current brands or do we expand our brand selection. Every time I buy something new I worry about whether it will sell or not. We've actually only had one brand that bombed.

Benny, Come on over anytime. Browsers are always welcome. You won't find any high pressure sales tactics or gimmicks here.

Cheers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21