Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Gift For All Loungers

S

Samsa

I tried looking him up this morning but couldn't find anything. Maybe it's because I wasn't meant to function before noon.[huh]

panamag8or

Practically Family
Well, I think with both father and son having passed, and no offspring, it wouldn't really be violating anyone's privacy if Marc told us a name.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Miss Neecerie said:
The story is the story. I for one don't particularly need to know anything else....

Agreed, Miss Neecerie.

Example: years after first reading the letters, I saw a photo of the father. He didn't look at all as I'd imagined he would. I actually felt disappointed. For me, at least, the letters stand best on their own.

S

Samsa

Miss Neecerie said:
but why does it -matter-....

the story is the story. I for one don't particularly need to know anything else....

For me it's just a desire to dig up information, which I've always enjoyed doing. (Perhaps why I'm on my way to becoming a librarian.)

I'm the same way with any art form though...painters, musicians, etc., whose work I admire, I always feel compelled to know about the person. I would not think it odd for someone to want to read a biography of, say, Mozart. One could argue that his music is all that matters, but it's often interesting to get a view of the person behind the music (or poetry, or painting, or whatever).

Not that these letters are on the same level as the Solemn Vespers, but still...

panamag8or

Practically Family
Samsa said:
For me it's just a desire to dig up information, which I've always enjoyed doing.

Exactly. I considered that as my gift from Marc.

Some people liked the story, some people liked the emotion... I liked the chance to try to find out who the people are, and how they turned out.

Maybe those of us that did the digging could just PM the results amongst ourselves.:cool:

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
I would've been perfectly content not knowing anything else... but when enough info was given I naturally wanted to fill in the blanks. The letters are gems no matter "who" wrote them.
Nikki

carter

I'll Lock Up
Marc,

This is deeply moving. I sincerly hope that more people read this thread.

I don't know if I'm touched more by what the Father wrote or by your desire to share this with others.

You have given a wonderful gift and given of yourself.

Well done!
:eusa_clap

Carter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21