Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A letter writer's dilemma (xpost)

IndieCherry

New in Town
I hope no one minds the cross post. :D

Hello Ladies

I was hoping I might have some help. I have in my possession a letter written from my grandfather to my grandmother when he was stationed in Germany in 1945. I would like to have this letter copied and framed as a gift to my aunts, his daughters. I am having the most awful time finding the right paper on which to copy the letter. It was written on very thin, small(5.5x8.5in), brown paper. I can't find anything like it and modern paper just won't do.

I am open to any suggestions. Thank you all so much.

~Indie

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
If you can't find anything off the shelf, a neighbor of mine makes paper. He once told the story of making wedding invitations with flower petals from the site of the wedding (the bride and her mother picked the flowers and FedExed them to his house). His name is Ray Tomasso; his email is ray@raytomasso.com.

Hestia

Familiar Face
Who is reproducing it for you and how are they planning on outputting it? I'm assuming a scan, and a high-quality inkjet output, yes? The printing method will also put some limits on your paper choice. Does the printer not have a suggestion for you as far as paper source goes?

If you haven't found someone to do the reproduction yet, I'd do that first. You don't want to hunt down the perfect paper and then find out it can't be printed on.

IndieCherry said:
I hope no one minds the cross post. :D

Hello Ladies

I was hoping I might have some help. I have in my possession a letter written from my grandfather to my grandmother when he was stationed in Germany in 1945. I would like to have this letter copied and framed as a gift to my aunts, his daughters. I am having the most awful time finding the right paper on which to copy the letter. It was written on very thin, small(5.5x8.5in), brown paper. I can't find anything like it and modern paper just won't do.

I am open to any suggestions. Thank you all so much.

~Indie

IndieCherry

New in Town
Hestia,
I was hoping to utilize the skills of my soon to be sister-in-law. She's just great with those kinds of things. She made my wedding invitations and we did run into a problem with my first choice of paper. I had forgotten about that. :eusa_doh: So, thanks for reminding me!

Keep 'em comin' ladies!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana