Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A man of letters in the digital age

Bugguy

Practically Family
Tux - The link doesn't seem to be working...

I was talking with my boss the other day, a PhD hospital chief operating officer. She commented how much she enjoys reading my e-mails as they're written like a letter. I mumbled something about needing to provide context and then she said that if I ever gave up my day job, I could write.

Pause, is that something like the handwriting is on the wall??

5 minute time out....

OK. I found the blog via your website.

So, can you be a man of letters with lousy handwriting? I bought the paper and envelopes, but couldn't read my own cramped writing.

Last edited:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Tux - The link doesn't seem to be working...

I was talking with my boss the other day, a PhD hospital chief operating officer. She commented how much she enjoys reading my e-mails as they're written like a letter. I mumbled something about needing to provide context and then she said that if I ever gave up my day job, I could write.

Pause, is that something like the handwriting is on the wall??

5 minute time out....

OK. I found the blog via your website.

So, can you be a man of letters with lousy handwriting? I bought the paper and envelopes, but couldn't read my own cramped writing.

Don't feel bad, I have been told for years I should have been a Doctor, since, only a Pharmacist can read my hand writing!

SGT Rocket

Practically Family
I really love writing and receiving letters; so I guess I could be called a man of letters... My handwriting, grammar, are all atrocious. However, I have been trying to improve on each and I think the improvement on my handwriting is the hardest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana