Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A MESSAGE FROM KEVIN AT OPTIMO

Rundquist

A-List Customer
Kevin wanted me to pass this along to you guys. I know that I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ll miss hearing his voice when I call Optimo to talk about my next hat.

MEMO TO: The Fedora Loungers / Indygear guys

Effective 6/2/04 I will no longer have a fulltime, day to day relationship at Optimo Hat Co. I have accepted a position as vice president of Crest Communications, a boutique advertising agency in Oakbrook Terrace, Ill.

I came to Optimo 3 years ago to spend 1 year consulting with Graham on business systems, sales effectiveness and production planning. The growth we experienced caused 1 year to become 3 years. All systems are go at this point, so my work is done here. I have been especially fond of all you guys and appreciate your huge contribution to our success here. Keep buying these great hats.

Graham and I are still trying to sort out what role my new agency could play in connection with Optimo Hat Company. An appropriate arrangement should be figured out soon. At any rate, I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ll still be connected in some fashion.

This group (Graham, Marlene, Ruth, and Lucy) is so talented, it?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s very difficult to contemplate not being part of it all everyday, but my chosen vocation of small business consulting requires that I leave when I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m finished with my role. In fact it?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s an essential part of the process. You guys have been a great part of this ride! Thank you!
Kevin

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Wow

The secret I have known for some time has now become public knowledge...

I love Kevin as a friend..he has been great to me. We had a good visit when he flew out to visti me in the Bay Area last year.

Change in life saddens me..as a person of the "40's" I seem to look to the past more than the future. Kev looks to the future...that is why he has been such a great success..and a pal.

rayk

Familiar Face
Very unfortunate, indeed. While I've never met either of these gentlemen, nor have I dealt with Optimo, I've wanted to make the acquaintance of this reputed august team. Perhaps we might take solace in that Graham and Optimo are still with us.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Wow, I didn't see this coming, but I can understand it. I know he'll probably never read this since he doesn't "do the internet thing", but he will be missed. He's given me the best treatment as a customer that I have ever had in my life.

Pen Collector

One of the Regulars
What a shock!

I will really miss Kevin,

He always treated me as if I was the most important customer OPTIMO had as I am sure the treated ALL of you. He was always very helpful and went out of his way to make sure I was satisfied with my purchase and requests on my hats.

He will certainly be missed.

Thanks Adam for letting us know.

Fedora

Vendor
I won't touch on my "little situation" with Optimo, and will just say Kevin was always so nice to talk to. The more that I think about it, our misunderstanding was just that, a misunderstanding. I hate to see him go. A fine bunch of folks up there in the Windy City. Now, we will have to school any new employees on Indy fedoras. :D Just kidding. Graham has it down pat, and did from the get-go. Good luck Kevin. And the best to you. regards Fedora

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn