Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A most wonderful FM discovery!

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
I am so excited to have found this station!

"WYAR programming encompasses the best music from the first 60 years, or so, of the 20th century. This period created a wealth of music, much of it no longer in print.

WYAR is unique among radio stations, in that our play list is quite large. A typical radio station, even with a nostalgia format (somewhat similar to WYAR) limits themselves to a 1500 song play list.

WYAR Radio is different. Our active play list is well over 6000 songs, many of which have been enhanced by digital signal processing, and continues to expand with no end in sight (we’re only about half way through cataloging our existing library of 78 RPM recordings!).

We’ve added many of the popular icons of the post 78-era, and select modern covers of old standards. You can easily hear a 1920’s Paul Whiteman, then a 1959 Paul Anka song, followed by a 2007 Erin McKeowen, followed by a 1906 show tune. No other station has such stylistic diversity, playing music which spans more than a century.

WYAR is G rated. There is nothing played that you would not want your family to hear, any time of day or night. Call us old school, but we still believe old school is best.

At WYAR, there are no commercials. We depend one hundred percent on donations from our listeners and grants from our underwriters to stay on the air.

The Heritage Radio Society, Inc, is a 501-C-3 non-profit corporation, so gifts are fully tax-deductible, and may be sent in any amount to WYAR Heritage Radio, PO Box 414, Yarmouth, Maine 04096."

http://www.wyar.org/

I must be dreaming.

Flivver

Practically Family
WOW! WYAR sounds like the perfect radio station.

I'm only about 100 air miles from Yarmoth ME, but the website says the station has only 1000 watts so I'm not too optimistic. I can get WHOM-FM from Portland, but they have 48,000 watts and a transmitting antenna on top of Mt. Washington!

Maybe I can get WYAR on the car radio when I'm travelling in southern NH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo