Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

A museum-quality Montecristo Panama

Drdan

Familiar Face
I've had some high quality Montecristi's, but this one is insane quality. If a 4,000 weave and 1,600 weave hat were blocked by the same skilled hatter, I'm wondering if the 4,000 weave hat would tend to be too floppy. A hat like this would stick out like a sore thumb because of it's quality. It would have more than 1,000,000 weaves... :eusa_clap

barrowjh

One Too Many
I have a 1,000 wpsi but hardly ever wear it. The brim is so weak it will flutter in a breeze; direct wind will paste the brim down on my forehead. I get more use out of the 400 to 500 range, more practical. Still, the 1,000 wpsi is a good-looking hat and it draws the compliments, even from folks that generally never comment on my hats.

Drdan

Familiar Face
I agree with you John! The finer ones do flutter a lot, but are incredible works of art, and are nice for when you dress up a bit. I have an "entry level" Montecristi that I wear for casual use or when I go to the beach. It holds it shape very well, and seems to be cooler too, probably as a result of the increased air flow inside the hat. I'd be happy to trade it for your 1,000 wpsi hat that you don't wear much. :D

Drdan

Familiar Face
Great article, although I wanted a few pictures of the finished product.

The hat is surely unblocked, awaiting a buyer who will choose the style, exact size, and specific customer dictated accoutrements. I wish the article had some more zoomed in photos so that the weave fineness and quality could be more closely observed.